You might call Time Doctor a jack of many trades as it covers several categories of features, including time tracking, project management, and employee monitoring. A decent price and a nicely designed interface mean it’s a good idea to put on your evaluation list.
Time Doctor targets a broad range of time-tracking customers, from freelancers running an operation of one person to software engineers at large corporations such as Apple and Verizon.
To help that mission, it offers additional features across project management (PM) as well as employee monitoring. From the perspective of time tracking, however, while it is one of the best contenders, the clunky user interface (UI) and some usability issues, keep it behind TSheets and Zoho Projects.
- Robust employee monitoring functionality
- Ability to create invoices from within the app
- Ample integrations with services like Asana
- Outdated user interface (UI)
- Stopwatch feature needs desktop application or Chrome extension to work